Tuesday, December 27, 2011

LIGHTING UP OUR HOMES

I don't know about you guys, but I just love lamps! I think I love them as much as I love pillows. Ha!
I think lamps bring so much more to a room than simply light. They provide such a feeling of warmth and, at the same time, they can also change the entire look of your room. 

I just love all the new designs and colors available now. We have come a long way!
I wish I had a picture of the first pair of lamps my husband and I owned back in the 80"s!
You want to talk about vintage! So ugly! LOL  But, we were so proud of them!
I will never forget those lamps!

Have you ever stop and really pay attention at how many lamps we have in our homes? 
Well, I am almost sure I am not the only one! LOL
Join me for a little tour

 -----------------------------------------------


In the formal living room, a more classic look




Master bedroom. Stacked crystal lamps.
I just bought these lamps a few months ago and I just love them!




A smaller one for a round accent table




I looked for this one for months.
Trying to find one small enough to fit under the cabinet was not so easy.
I love the warm look it gives that little corner of my kitchen and the damask design on the shade.
And the pull cord! So adorable!



A bigger one for the family room



One of my favorite corners in the whole house.
It almost makes doing laundry fun. I said almost! LOL



Love my red lamps!



On the entrance table


In the study



 Love the design on this lamp


In our spare room






A silver lamp on an accent table upstairs


And a little black and white and a simple silver lamp in my daughter's bedroom.
We are about to redecorate her whole room, so we will be looking for some new lamps soon.
More to come!




I want to wish you all a very Happy New Year.
I can not wait to see everybody's new decor ideas and DIY projects in the coming year and I also want to thank you ladies for all the help and support you guys have given me on leaning how to blog.
Thank you all for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Maria Elena, you have a beautiful variety of lamps! I love the laundry one and how you've decorated in there.
    Wishing you a Happy, Healthy New year.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. your house is beautiful. I Love your laundry room, we recently updated ours and was wondering where I could find the sign "Mom's Laundry - Help Wanted"? too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria, you know how much I love lamps!!! We are right there in collecting lamps of all kinds and sizes. You are so right that they add so much to a room. I'm thinking I need more lamps!
    Happy New Year,
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria: I love your daughter's lamp (black)
    you have lots of lamps, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...